LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 2022 / EFFECTIVE: JANUARY 2022
What is Meson?
The Meson Platform (hereafter referred to as “Meson”) refers to Meson LLC’s proprietary neutral mediation platform that optimizes mobile advertisements for supply partners and allows their demand partners to serve its or third-party advertisements on the mobile applications and websites that supply partners designate based upon the criteria selected by them on Meson. Meson is a full functionality mediation platform, for app developers, to realize the benefits of a mediation solution without the complexities of maintaining an in-house mediation solution. The platform is built for publishers with focus on control, transparency and efficiency.
What personal data does Meson collect?
2.1 When you view an advertisement facilitated via Meson on a site, app or other digital media, the supply partners or their advertisers may collect information on your device and your interaction with the advertisement. The supply partners may provide us with following data about you when you elect to interact with the advertisements. Any collection of such data is governed by the supply partners or their advertisers’ privacy policies.
(a) Device identifiers. Device identifiers are alphanumeric strings that are unique to your device. These include:
- iOS devices’ Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and iOS Identifier for Vendors (IDFV)
- Google Advertising ID (GAID), or Android ID for Android devices
(b) Location information, including:
- Geo-location or precise location of your device (inferred via WiFi or IP Address) if you have given the app or site permission to collect your location information
(c) Network information, including:
- Mobile carrier
- Network provider or ISP
- Network type (e.g., WiFi or cellular)
- IP address
(d) Information about apps or sites and Software Development Kit (SDK), including:
- App or site name or version
- App identifier
- SDK version
- API key identifier
(e) Demographic data about you, including:
- Year of birth
- Education level
- Age range
(f) Advertisement information. We collect information about the ad presented on your device, including:
- The content type of the ad (the advertiser and category, e.g. games, finance, entertainment, news)
- The ad type (e.g. whether the ad is a text, image, video or other format based)
- Where the ad is being served (e.g. the site, digital media or app on which the ad appears)
- Where the ad is being served (e.g. the site, digital media or app on which the ad appears)
2.2 When you register with Meson as a supply partner, the platform may ask you for following data:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Email ID
- Contact number (optional)
- Company related information such as Company Name, Address, Postal Code, City, State, Country
For avoidance of any doubt, it must be specified that the above-mentioned data will be considered as business data and not as personal data. You are encouraged to provide company email and phone number. In any case, we assure you that we will implement measures to safeguard this data. However, data privacy laws will not be applicable for such datasets.
Meson does not collect any sensitive data such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health.
How does Meson use your personal data?
Meson does not store your personal data in any format. We enable our supply partners to transfer the required data to the corresponding demand partners or advertisers via our channel. However, we do not store or process your data for any purpose other than that of reporting, bidding, attribution, and fraud detection. We do not conduct any enrichment, analytics for audience segments, modelling, data analytics etc. We use the information that we receive about you to:
- Offer Meson to display advertisements on your device, which may include interest-based advertising customized to your interests, preferences, locations;
- For bidding to serve advertisements and to determine which ads are most effective;
- Avoid showing you the same ads too many times;
- Improve our services and assist our customers and partners in improving their products and services; and
- Detect, deter and prevent fraud, fraudulent traffic or to protect the security of our systems.
Who does Meson share your personal data with?
Meson may share the data it collects or receives about you as described in this Policy as follows:
- Publishers and Supply Partners: We may share your information with publishers (the app or site publishers) to help them understand how users interact with their apps and sites and advertisements on their apps and sites
- Demand Partners and Advertisers: We may share your information with demand partners, brands and advertisers who use our Platform, to allow them to understand the performance of their campaigns; and to help them better target their campaigns, products or offerings
- Service Providers: We may share personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; fraud detection, information and services; payment processors; customer service providers; and vendors to support the provision of our platform services
- Affiliates: We may share personal information with our affiliates so that the services of Meson LLC and/or its affiliates may be improved and otherwise to serve you and/or our customers better with all our offerings including effective content management.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others: We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we have associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity
- Disclosures in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract
- International Data Transfers: Where applicable, we will protect information through other legally valid methods, including international data transfer agreements. You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
How does Meson keep personal data secure?
Meson uses reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the information it collects about you in compliance with its legal and privacy requirements and contractual obligations. We also seek appropriate contractual protection from our partners regarding their collection, use or treatment of user data. Unfortunately, no system is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
By using our platform or providing personal data to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our website, by mail or by sending an email to you.
How long does Meson keep your data?
Meson retains information collected in the context of our platform for a period of up to thirty (30) days, unless otherwise required by law or applicable contract. Meson may retain the information it obtains about you as per the instructions of its customers or partners who provide such information or as required to fulfil our contractual obligations.
After the applicable retention period, Meson will only retain and may only use your data: (i) in an aggregated or anonymized format; (ii) to comply with its legal obligations; and (iii) to resolve disputes and enforce agreements. Please note that the use cases stated in this provision will apply as an exception to your data subject or consumer rights related requests.
As stated in ‘Section 3. HOW DOES MESON USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?’, Meson does not store your data or process it for any purpose other than reporting, bidding and fraud detection. Please reach out to your mobile application provider for exercising any data subject/ consumer rights provided by the privacy laws applicable in your country.
California residents have the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “sale” is defined broadly and includes the transfer of personal information by a business to a third party for valuable consideration (even if there is no exchange of money). Meson does not “sell” your personal data.
Meson may share your information with clients, customers, partners, affiliates and other third parties described above who are based in countries outside of your country of residence (for example, if you are an EEA resident, we may share your information with our non-EEA clients or affiliates), subject to any contractual or legal requirements. You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world.
Privacy of Children
Meson complies with applicable privacy laws such as Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in the U.S. and GDPR in the EEA and does not knowingly collect/ process personal data about users of sites or apps directed to children.